Thursday, May 7, 2009

You've Got Me Speechless (No,seriously, you do)

Yesterday, I had a cough. Ohhh myy scary cough! I figured it’d go away, so I went about my daily life, talking to everyone I knew and going to play practice (I’m in “The Sneetches” by Dr. Seuss, fun times XD) The next day (being today) I woke up and couldn’t talk. And I thought “Well hey! I can go a day without verbal communication, why not try it?” So I walked around school all day with a steno notebook and pen, writing down everything I wanted to say, but not quite everything, because 1) I have terrible penmanship and 2) Not everything is necessary to say. It was actually pretty dang interesting to tell you the truth! I was laughing inside all day (cause it kinda hurts to laugh out loud, but that’s one thing I can’t suppress) Everyone’s reactions were different. My parents began talking slower and, dear gosh, SO. much. louder! And they knew it, which just made it better. Some people asked yes or no questions, some people carried on a conversation with me like normal, and some people just didn't talk much. A few of my friends made fun of me, a bit (or a lot, depending on how much ya hang around em =P) But the majority of them made their best attempts at trying to read my scrawl-of-a penmanship, exaggerated hand gestures and mouthings of what I needed to communicate. Which I greatly appreciated =D. To tell ya the truth, I really, really like my voice and miss it, and hope it comes home soon. It wasen’t terrible or anything, I just got annoyed when I couldn’t comment on something someone said, or make a sound. I had no idea how many times I say things without actually saying anything! Like when my friend started tickling me and I couldn’t laugh too hard, or when I spilled tea on myself (which happened TWICE today!) and not being able to yell oh frick. Lets hope I get my voice back tomorrow, but if I don’t, lets hope I’m better at writing with a magic marker than a pen.

On a somewhat/totally unrelated note, I feel tomorrow is gonna be a great start to a gooooood part of the year. Summer in 6 weeks people, it is going to be one hell of a good one, so lets get ready ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it was very entertaining. It's Michelle Medved, but the way.

    ReplyDelete