Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What I Should Write for College Essays

Hokay, so I'm hoping my blog will get me in the writing-about-myself-and-how-college-worthy-I-am-mood.
SOOO. What should I write my common app essay about? Here are the options, as I try to think through them.

Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.


Well, I've never climbed a roof if that's what you're lookin for. Can't remember the last time I faced an ethical dilemma...what are my significant experiences?? Do I even have any??? Oh man.

Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you.
Immigration? The intense connections yet lack of understanding in our modern world?? Racism?? The importance of spell check at 1:28 am??


Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.
Samuel L. Jackson. He taught me how to be a badassmuthafuka. Essay done.


Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence.

Whoever invented chocolate milk. Apparently some dude named Daniel Peter in 1875. Yeah, I'd say that's a hell of an influence.


A range of academic interests, personal perspectives, and life experiences adds much to the educational mix. Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity in a college community, or an encounter that demonstrated the importance of diversity to you.
You mean talk about how awesome I am? Ughh.


Topic of your choice.

Eff that. FINE! I wanna make an essay all about reverse transcriptase and how, like the cool lil virus, I will use my past experiences to infect and enrich my college community! Ohh man I wanna do that. Then I can use biology terms to make myself sound smarter than I actually am. YAY :D

I'm probably not gonna go with that idea, but I'll write a paragraph about it and take two good sentences from it :D

In other news....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWsQQgbKkjc

I love Germans and their fun techno.


No comments:

Post a Comment